Thursday, March 13, 2008

Gloves

My brother has only asked for ONE knitted thing and that's gloves. I've finally gotten around to them. Do you know how hard it is to guesstimate the size of another person's hand? Well, let me tell you, it's not easy. I did my best and hopefully they'll fit him. He's coming to visit next week so everyone keep your little knitted fingers crossed! I think they're going to be too big on him.




After completing Seth's gloves, I decided I wanted a new pair too. I love my fuzzy purple one's, but they look like I'm wearing a muppet on my hands.

I found a beautiful pattern for fingerless gloves called Evangeline and just added fingers.
http://www.magknits.com/Jan08/patterns/evangeline.htm



Needless to say, I LOVE them. I've finished the first and will be starting the second today. It's a quick pattern and I am enamored with the cables.

I did make a few modifications. I made the cuff longer by ribbing 2x2 for 14 rounds and completed 3.5 patterns of the cable before starting the fingers.

The distribution of stitches for the fingers are as follows.

Index: 13 Stitches and CO 2 for the gusset

Middle: 10 Stitches, CO 2 and Pick up 2 from the index gusset

Ring: 9 stitches, CO 2, Pick up 2

Pinky: 8 stitches, CO 2, Pick up 2

They fit...well, quite frankly, like a glove! I'm really excited to get the second one finished so I can start wearing them!




No comments: