Sunday, March 16, 2008

Calorimetry
















Today was stash busting day. I had a little of this and a little of that left over from my two pairs of gloves and Seth's gloves. I went through my queue on Ravelry and decided on a this winter headband/ear warmer called calorimetry.


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/calorimetry















It's a super easy project that took me about 5 hours to complete. I modified the pattern by casting on 80 stitches instead of 120 as the pattern suggests. The yarn I used was larger than the pattern called for and many people had commented on how large it was. It turns out that 80 was the perfect number. It fits fabulously covering the top half of my head and my ears.

















Going though my Grandma's buttons was fun too. I finally decided on a plain creme button as it would be hidden by my hair anyhow. I want to save the pretty buttons for something that will be seen.

As always, Tali makes a perfect and willing model!

No comments: