Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's been awhile since I've completed anything. Mostly because the Fibro has been kicking my ass lately. In my knitable moments, I've been working on Mom's Shawl. I've finished three skeins, so three more to go.

But I decided last night that I needed some instant gratification. So a Dog Sweater was the perfect choice.
I'm trying to avoid buying new yarn for awhile and instead try to use up my stash. I think it's safe to say that there will be some oddly colored things knit up in the weeks to come! Why is it that a yarn looks so much fun sitting in the clearance rack and yet, once it gets home, you can't think of a damned thing you want to produce with it?



Anyway, today's selection is a Lionbrand Homespun...the color isMediterranean to be exact. I HATE using homespun. It feels terribly synthetic in your hands and the yarn separates in a most annoying fashion. However, it does produce and interesting texture so at least that's something.



I whipped up this little number in about 11 hours. I basically know the shape it needs to be so wing it as I knit along. The shape of this sweater came out great for Eli. It covers enough of his tummy to keep him warm, without being so far down that he pee's on it. And the back is nice and roomy so it falls over his thighs.



Wait until you see what's on the needles now...it's something to behold I tell ya..

1 comment:

Debby said...

I love your dog sweaters and your dogs. Jack Russell Terrier here...just one though. Sorry about your Fibro...I have it too so I sure know how that can be