Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Slipper Socks Rock!

I decided to see if I could figure out a way to make slipper socks with a non-skid sole. I did a little digging on the internet and found a woman who uses plasti-dip on felted slippers. So I hatched a plan to try with regular knit socks.

The trouble would be that the liquid plasti-dip would or could seep through the bottom of the sock. I solved this plan by using thermo-webbing (like you would use for sewing). I traced my foot and than affixed it to the bottom of my sock



This provided a solid base upon which the plasti-dip could adhere
Speaking of which...here it is..



I than applied two coats of the Plasti dip allowing 30 min. between each coat.



4 hours later, I had a dry, non skid bottom for my socks!!


1 comment:

Jmo said...

Bravo! You ARE a genius! Did you put them to the test by trying to glide across any wood floors??